Friday 14 March 2014

Dedicated to Taapsi on 14th March 2014

A Letter Dedicated to My Daughter
14 March, 1985
When you were born,
Apart was I torn…………
Named you an ugly tadpole
But then you were my foal .
 I watched you grow everyday
I heard myself silently pray
Let my daughter’s inner beauty
Mesmerise the outer world
And the thought itself sent me swirl,
The refinement and the attraction grew
All my misconceptions I threw
Do you know how much you mean to me?
As you grow into what you will be.
 From just beneath my heart
 Stupefied, I knew your own life will now start.
 Sometimes to you I seem harsh and so unfair,
but one day you will see, I taught you well because I care
With a chuckle and a smile, and your years so quickly to fly, 
 I had a bag full of tears to cry.
As you begin your growth to womanhood, wherever  you go
You'll always be my source of admiration, a fact you must know
 Within you feel no fear, standing by your convictions
staying upright and honest , will find you no restrictions
 Sitting  before you are your dreams and  ambitions
Take the world by its tail, and fulfill your mission
On your 29th Birthday my beautiful dove,
do------ accept your Mother's ever heartfelt Love !


No comments: