Saturday 9 September 2017

When life takes a full turn (to my son Aakarsh)


I learnt not to succumb to the negativity. Instead, just kept soaring high.
With effort I rose above to prove to myself, that nothing was impossible.
Did I need the right genes or the right fortitude?
Nothing mattered now, for you had created the path for me to navigate and search my own Buddha.
Life has no guarantee, but I shall cherish our crazy repartee
I'm trying to change, but to those promises that I broke
I wake up, as if the morning has given me a poke.
With time, you grew to be a man but our bonds still live on.
Today even though our ties are different, you finding your love does not mean our own is gone.
It’s a struggle coping with life being separated from your kids,
But then that’s your life and this is mine.
I do not wish to relive my convoluted nightmare
The drifting of my mind,
Those barriers to my existence have blurred
Freedom, at last .
No one can ever take away your place, nor replace your overpowering love.

For as long as I live, I know you will be holding my spine to keep it upright and see that I get back to where I belong.

No comments: